Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Changing of the Guard


Memorial Day, 2010 my parents traded in their '07 Lucerne (Lucy) for a '10 (Lucy II). No bench seat in Lucy II which was sadness all around for my mom, but dual-climate control for my father, and Bluetooth for mom's cell phone make up for that shortcoming. 

The biggest gripe? The new Lucerne just isn't as good of a car. It just doesn't fell as well made as the older one. GM, what did you do? Built in the same plant as the Cadillac DTS, and according to Wikipedia, the factory won quality awards three years running. The '11 has a bigger engine (3900 vs. 3800) for and additional 30 bhp, but it sure doesn't feel any quicker than the old one. 


I'm pushing for a Taurus replacement, and my parents are considering getting rid of it before they're even done paying for it...what does that tell you about how much they like the car?

No comments:

Post a Comment